Van and Matt's Big Adventure
April has flown by super quick! Despite being busy with work, work travel down to Atlanta and study for Van, we've still managed to pack in a decent amount into the last couple of weeks. Since our last entry we've:
- Cheered on Steven Adams at the Oklahoma City Thunder vs Raptors game
- Went to the first playoff game against Indiana Pacers (which we unfortunately lost L) and Van was very generous and shouted me a ticket to Game 7 which had an incredible atmosphere and we fortunately got the win!
- Headed along to the Blue Jays Opening Home Game which was a sell out against Boston Red Sox. Was quite frustrating that we could only buy one beer per person, but it was still a good game despite losing
- Delicious meal at Drake's restaurant Fring's for our 4 year and 6 month monthiversary. Afterwards we went to Barchef for a couple of expensive and very fancy cocktails (the cocktails were basically works of art and had dry ice making steam - crazy!) and finished off the evening with massive Sweet Jesus ice creams which we couldn't finish
- Went to our first musical in Toronto which was Kinky Boots. Really good show with some very catchy tunes still stuck in our heads!
- Cheeky Sunday session at Leftfield Brewery while the Jays game was on, followed by a really good Greek meal on Danforth
- Touch Playoffs. Had an exciting final against Frenchies team, but couldn't hold it together to walk away with the win
- Matt went camping with Jenn, Jason and Weazer which was a lot of fun, while Van popped along to the AFL Anzac game for a kick and had an effective weekend of study
- Jenn's birthday was last weekend where we did an obstacle course followed with dinner and some dancing. Earlier that day we had brunch with Stacey for her birthday. Busy social schedule!
- Finally yesterday was the Sporting Life 10k race down Yonge Street which we did with Jenn and some other TPG colleagues. All of us did some impressive race times and we celebrated with our first Toronto Dim Sum (Yum Cha). Managed to make the most of the registration up in Eglington by visiting Wisey's Pies for some fuel for the next day!
Bring on May's adventures!