It's been a few months since the last blog, but a busy couple of months! The highlights were:
- Jenn and Matt busting out a cheeky half marathon in just over 2 hours which was a great effort for Jenn's first half. We all then went out for a Korean BBQ feast and swung by Rattlesnake Point for some last minute climbing practice
- Rainier attempt with Jenn, Conor, Malachi and Matt and then checking out Seattle. We climbed up to Muir Camp on Friday and managed to get beds in the hut which was a bonus because the tent we got from the rental place was not ideal! We got up early on Saturday for a summit attempt, but unfortunately the altitude and excursions from the day before were too much for us so we had to turn around. Jenn even managed to burn her eyeballs the day before! Conor headed down that night and the rest of us had another night in the hut before climbing down. Sunday night was a delicious restaurant meal that Jenn sorted out followed with a night on the town. Highlight was discovering the Seattle hot dog, lowlight would've been Jenn dominating Conor and Matt at the pinball machine. Monday was a relaxed day in Seattle exploring Pike market and going up to a park for some craft beers and a view of the the city with Rainier in the background. Got super lucky with the weather!
- Heaps of study for Van!!
- Matt down in Atlanta during the week for work
- Good start to the AFL season with wins for both the boys and girls teams
- Van sat her exam (hopefully last one!!) and then we celebrated by going on a craft beer booze cruise with Jason, Stephen and Emily around the Toronto harbour
- Houseboat weekend for Canada Day weekend with Jenn, Jason, Stephen, Emily and Weezer. Was a lot of fun to potter around Thousand Islands in what was effectively an RV that ran on water. Heaps of great food, beers, swimming, fishing, kayaking, fireworks on Canada Day and cards. Weezer even began his swimming lessons which was pretty hilarious to see his progress over the weekend!