so im trying to create this habit of writing daily...or atleast every other day ...just to reflect on my day and its luminous moments..
im realizing the brevity of my time here....ive got about 6-7 months left in this place...a place where so much of my life has changed...so much. I am ready ...i think..to leave....it is going to be an extremely difficult transition...extremely difficult..God...don't make it too hard...relieve that transitional pain when it comes...it will come. change is imminent...that is one of the most important things i learned from my Buddhism class in college...everything changes....except, now im learning...God.
since its like 11:44 am and i've been sleeping every night this week around 1 am (yeah its kicking my ass) i will make this short:
here are some special moments from the day:
1) aaliyah was putting up her jacket to go to ms.ellis's room and turned to wave at me. as she was leaving the room it seemed as if a lightbulb went off in her head; she quickly turned around and walked over to greet me with a big hug..ohh her hugs are dynamite...simply dynamite.
2) in a random part of the day i asked couy what he was doing..he looked at me and started shaking his hips....hahahahahahhahaahah it was hilarious. earlier in the day when we were practicing our sight word songs, their was a song in which hip shaking is required. I complemented him on his hip shaking ability and i think he really appreciated that compliment...i hope the hip shaking continues =)
3) the teaching circle that i had afterschool...i had around 6 kids sitting around me on the floor by the office...haha
4) riley got the opportunity to hold jerry jellyfish today. while i was working with him on his journal i put jerry on his head. before i could help him another student approached me and i spoke to him. after i was done with the student i turned back to riley and saw him gyrating his body as if he was getting stung by the jellyfish...hahahahhahahahahaha cute
5) robert peering at me from the corner of his eye while i danced and he colored in his journal....the peer was a, "wth are you doing teacher?" peer.
6) vicky told me about how her family was planning a december babies birthday dinner...and her brother jay asked her if she was going to have her,"daughter" be a part of it......so sweeett!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeee that made me feel awesome...i like their fam =o)
7) my coworker told me that she let her kids jump on her and hug her and play around the classroom because it was too hard to control them. ......i love her but that is just too hilarious hahahahahhaahahhaa whyyyyyyyyyyy! i love it.
*this is from last night...but Sharon said something profound to me, "it is so cool to see you begin this relationship with God. its like watching people falling in love."
she also said that she found this powerful, "Does God cry?"
what a great question.
*also. mr.c's hug yesterday. a good hug!