Enjoying my days off!
Yesterday we (that's Marleen, Ellen and me) went to the council to register for council tax. You need to pay council tax to your local government (in our case the council of Ealing) to cover all the services provided. But, since we're students we don't need to pay it yeeha. However, you need to register and give them some papers. The woman was a bit confused by all the different dates on our documents (a letter dated the 27 August 2007, the tenancy agreement which started on the 2nd of July but signed on the 10th and all the dates of our placement periods). But she agreed with them and it was surprisingly quickly done.
After that I went back home for a while, Marleen had to go to work and Ellen picked up her brother. Since the weather was not that great and I was a bit bored, I decided to go to the Westfield shopping centre. Apparently it is the biggest mall in Europe. And I can tell you it's HUGE. And it is very close to where I'm living, just 3 stops by Tube and then a short walk (passing Wood Lane station - for the Germans, Ich war also auf dem Holzweg). Inside I grabbed a map and window shopped all outlets. They have really everything and it is not as crowded as I'd thought. And they have a huge Starbucks (in fact there are two, in one mall) and a food court, relax areas, aqua massage and so on and so on. And there is a special area, called the Village, with all the designer shops. Very nice indeed.
Then I met up with Lena from my high school and her friends in Soho. When I got out the tube I was asked where to find the pubs haha, just go out and look around, no way even the dumbest person can miss it. I was a bit early so I waited outside the bar (the Walkabout). Then some French teenagers came to me and I had une conversation amusante with them:
Excuse miiiii, where issss zee 'Ollywood Palace?
- Hollywood Palace? Ah, you mean Planet Hollywood. That's at Leicester Square.
Äääänd where issss zeeee Piccadilly Pleeeeeez?
- Piccadilly Circus? That's just down this road.
Ah well, the Frenchman. Always pleasant to talk to.
The Walkabout is in a very old building. I think it used to be a church. Very nice location. But like Lena said, if our grannies would know that we were partying in a church.....Lena was really hyper over all the people in the bar and took photos of them haha. The best comment of the evening was: I think 90% of the people here are going to have sex tonight, and we're the other 10%. And I think this might have been true!
Today, I'm just chilling (and recovering from yesterday) maybe I'm going to take a walk later on and work a bit on my reports. But that's it. I have to work tomorrow and I heard that it's going to be very very busy. yeeeeha. Last Thursday I ended taking care of the people in the bar/lounge which was complete nonsense because I don't have a code for the Micros system yet (that like the cashier). So I couldn't do any bills and always had to get someone to help me. Very annoying. But I'm getting better every day I think.