Thanks for the comments kids. I like the way Gene has posted directly to a blog and in the message feed. Your comments are all there and very entertaining. I am glad that you are learning lots eg reading, spelling, writing, portfolios and mathematics. Maybe you could type your comments into words first to double check your spelling and then copy and paste it into the blog comment box. Just a tip from someone who does that!
We are thinking that we might have a bite to eat one night at Connolly's Irish Pub and Restaurant so I can see just what this place is really like. Looks awesome from the outside.
Well today I learnt.....
1. That if a statue of a horse with a military general on it has one of its front feet in the air - the general was wounded in a battle. If it has two feet in the air - the general died in a battle and if all four feet are on the ground then the general died of natural causes.
2. Merry-go-rounds go clockwise and carousels go counter clockwise. AND I thought they were different words for the same thing.
3. New York City has 9 million people living in it's five Burroughs. The greater area of New York which includes the five burroughs and the outlying areas has 22 million people living there. That's a little bit more than the whole populatation of Australia. That is a lot of people in a fairly small area.
4. New York City has about 2 million tourists visit each week and I am just one of them. There are lots of different languages being spoken out in the street. It is amazing to hear them all.
5. Even if I walk all day, everyday for the week that I am here I will not see all of this big, beautiful city.
6. Pickles come on the side of deli sandwich meals. I tried one but still don't like pickles - which are like really really big gherkins.
See you in one more week. :-)