Today we've been living in our cabin for a week. Our washing machine isn't set up in the shed yet, so yesterday morning after the markets I used Dad's washing machine. Gail works until 1pm on a Saturday so I was able to get three loads of washing done before she got home. While the first load of washing was on I had a hot shower and washed my hair. The pressure in our shower is okay, but the water is only luke warm. Paul is going to ring Royce up today and see if there's anything to do to fix it. Apparently it should be able to go a lot hotter as it's hooked up to a gas bottle. I'm unsure how often we're going to have to fill up the gas bottle. I'm pretty sure it only cost $9.00 to fill up our bottle, which I think is a 7kg bottle.
We've had another rainy weekend so Dad has set up our drier in the shed. I'm so over the rain! The sun will just start to come out and then it pours with rain again. Paul nailed some blocks of wood together yesterday morning so that we could take the wheels off our bed and prop it up on the blocks. Dad suggested that it would be a good idea so that we could store a few banana boxes under the bed. We can easily put banana boxes under the bed now, but it's so high off the ground! I almost have to jump to get into bed. Paul keeps trying to tell me it's okay because it's like a princess bed. I'm so keen to change it back today. I told Paul and I can do it by myself. He thinks I can't, but I told him he underestimates my power.
Yesterday afternoon we went and bought some bits and pieces we needed for our cabin. We went to Mitre 10 first and bought a rubbish bin to put outside for our big rubbish bag. It's sunshine yellow like Paul's lemon (car). I also bought a terra cotta pot for our little lime tree. We bought a dwarf lime bearrs tree for $21.50 from the growers market this morning. It's perfect because it can be kept in a pot. Today I'm hoping that it stays sunny long enough to plant my lavendar plants and lime tree. We also stopped in at Briscoes and bought a wooden chopping board, vallance, some more tea towels and another mason jar to put fresh herbs in.
There hasn't been much more progress with the house. We thought that the plans would have been in at council by now, but since then Chris has told us that we also need our Geotech report for the effluent field/system done first. That threw us a bit of a curve ball because not only is it going to take the guy ten working days to do, but the quote has come out a lot more expensive that what we were quoted. It was slightly frustrating to say the least. However; like Paul said it kind of balances out because of the pods he and Hans have collected for us. Tomorrow we have an appointment at 4.30pm with Sarah at Smart Move Conveyancing. Only two days until settlement day after today.