Hey guys, well this is my last night in Bangalore and therefore last journal entry. Thank you for taking the time to read the entries in the past. Especially being so patient as to read my pages and pages of rambling, you really are true friends. It's been a hectic last couple of days rushing around getting everything done and saying goodbye to everyone. It's it a shame that you never realise how many friends you've met and people you're going to miss until you're leaving!! Managing to fit in most things though including a quick haircut indian style, where I was told I have hair fall!! The woman said it so normally, 'oh yes, it happens to a lot of people when they first get here, it's the water, oh you deffinately have hair fall, well at least you have so much it doesn't show!' Too bloody right, not only am I coming home with lepper skin from mosi bites but I'm bold as well. There goes my idea of swamming back home looking marvelous from a month of detox, I'm a mess!! No not that bad really, just slightly bedraggled! Anyway I am sad to be leaving tomorrow. Although I am so looking forward to seeing everyone at home. The result is that when ever anyone mentions it a huge smile spreads across my face, then however sincerely I say I'm sad to go, they don't believe me. One thing I am deffinately not ready for is the weather. See it's 7pm here and I'm walking around in a T-shirt!! Oh do I not miss the english weather. In fact looking back over the last 14 weeks I've been reflecting on my time in India and here are my top ten of things....
Top ten things I've loved about India;
- The people, you can actually smile at everyone here with out the threat of being beaten up. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming and ready to do anything for you!
- Tuktuks- name a cab in England where you can go 10km for 50p!
- The variety of culture, tradition, religion and language, you could spend a lifetime here and still not see it all!
- The clothes, jesus do we wear drab clothing- right no more grey/black/white for me!
- The food, going out for amazing 3 course meals and paying a quid!
- The markets, even you do have to rocky style work yourself up for haggling.
- Picking up a guarva with chilli and salt or a pineapple and having it freshly cut up in front of you walking along the street.
- Massages for 50p whilst watching the sun go down.
- Fresh fruit juices- pineapple, mango, strawberry, you name it they'll puree it!
- Midnight ice cream missions.
Top ten moments during my trip;
- The rice boat trip and getting the tee-totalled captain pissed.
- Dinner and drinks in the restaurant the 13th floor, amazing view watching the fireworks
- Partying on the beach in Goa, under a full moon with a fire and the waves a metre away
- Going to the artists house in Trivandrum for Onam lunch.
- Singing New York New York with Skips at the top of our voices whilst skipping through the waves in Palolem and swinging umbrellas above our heads.
- Flying along an estery in Goa in a speed boat trying to learn how to wakeboard surrounded by palmtrees and mountains.
- Elephant trip around the Raja's palace in Mysore.
- Teaching the kids at a health camp the hookey cokey
- Dave playing the hovis advert with one string in the open mic!
- Wandering around temples in one of the most stunning places on the planet- Hampi.
Top ten things I will NOT miss about India;
- Mosquitos- i hate them, i hate them, I hate them!
- Men pissing everywhere and the result being a strong whiff of urine every 5 minutes whilst walking along the road.
- No bog roll in toilets.
- Bucket showers- COLD bucket showers!!!
- The traffic- no rhyme, reason or rules!
- Begging kids- you never can tell which are genuine, who is being made to hand money over to someone else, taken to carrying round bag of oranges and giving those out.
- People curling one out at the side of the road- I AM NOT JOKING!!
- Being stared at- please taken me back to the anominity of home!
- Tuktuk drivers for two reasons- 1) The ones that curb crawl you persistently for miles and really won't accept you actually want to walk! 2) Trying to charge you 3x the fare, I've been in India 3 months no 3 hours!
- Pollution, out for an hour intraffic must be equivacal to 20 cigarettes I swear!
Top ten things I've really missed about the UK;
- Pedestrian crossings
- toilet roll availability
- Rubbish bins
- My music
- Cooking- s*** I hope I can remember how
- Dancing- Never found anywhere where I could have a groove quite like pippas
- Tesco's soft red! Oh i miss it so...
- And I suppose you lot, missed you all like crazy even the ones one I hardly see anyway!
Top ten things I will never take for granted again.
- traffic laws...which people actually follow, the sign which says stick to your lane actually makes me laugh out loud.
(okay will finish this whilst waiting at airport.)