Session 3 begins
This week, Caypinar housed and entertained: Allois, Skyler, Jimmy, Alex, Jon Marc, Danny and Chris. My camper was Allois, low ability but a gorgeous smile. What we weren't prepared for was the level of intelligence. I think I have a fairly good IQ but these boys were stupidly clever in unusual catagories. With mainly autism and OCD it was going to be an interesting week especially with Alex - the most miserable, pessamistic and monotonous child in the universe. Even Natalie said that working with him made her depressed and that's vertually impossible!!
To say the boys weren't keen on us is an understatement. What young teenage boy wants to be living with a bunch of girls?! Luckily, Blair came to the rescue, without realising it, and did a great session in flight. All the boys got to try out polystyrene planes and fly kites. We all joined in and a bond was formed - kind of.
By the end of the session, with the exception of Alex, we all got on and enjoyed working with the boys. Alex was still a pain in the butt! Always complaining about the food, or the activities, or us, or home, or the other kids. In the end it was because he didn't want to leave us!
- Alex barricading himself under his bed
- Jon Marc doing his Michael Jackson dance (amazingly well) and the look on his face when his mum picked him up
- Danny trying to strangle Julie (i did say low as well)
- Jimmys constant talk, that didnt stop when he slept if anything it got worse and louder!
- the mayhem that was the dance, kids everywhere except on the dance floor
- missing the talent show again!
- Seeing the boys happy when they left
- sleeping like i have never slept before when there have been kids around!!