The last few weeks have raced by and it's hard to keep track of what we have been up to! Marathon training has been a mainstay with only 6 weeks to go until the big race and the half marathon training run in less than a fortnight. Matts training hasn't gone well so he isn't optimistic about keep up with Van, but Van is on track with her Boston marathon qualifying time. The AFL season has come to an end for Matt, but the girl's team has progressed to the second stage of playoffs which is exciting for Van. Last weekend we had an AFL trip up to Ottawa, which was awesome, but it was an exhausting weekend with very little sleep after all of the driving, playing and celebrating. Matt started work in Atlanta the next day, so it was made all the harder, especially with us both coming down with mild colds. Other notable activities have been:
- Chicken Run pub crawl with the footy team.
- Blue Jays match against the NY Yankees with Gordon, Stacey and David which was cool.
- Visiting the Distillery District which was close to our old place.
- Paying the CNE a visit which is Canada's largest fair. Thankfully Van wasn't 100% so we were able to avoid the worst rides.
- Moving homes and finally settled!
Hoping to find some time out time over the next month, but it's not looking promising at this stage so we might just need to hang out for it until winter when everyone goes into hibernation mode (or so we've been told).