The concrete jungle!
Our first day in NYC (also my first day ever in North America) was loads of fun and very tourist-productive!
I woke up very dusty with the jet-lag, having spent the night feeling jealous at Paul and how he was fast asleep, while I stared at the ceiling.
Things we did:
- had a bagel with cream cheese for brekkie (yummo!!)
- Rockefeller building (The Top of the Rock, as they call it) - amazing 360 views of the city!
- Lego store - Paul's childhood dreamland
- Cruise to the Statue of Liberty - the Christ Redeemer is so much nicer, bigger and more breathtaking! But the statue beautiful too.
- lunch in Chinatown, at the highly recommended Joe's Shanghai! Very very good!
- took a power nap in the arvo 'cause I was just wrecked
- saw Wicked at Broadway - OMG, really really worth it, really amazing!
- had a little bite to eat and a bottle of wine at Bar54, a terrace bar on top of the Hyatt close to Times Square! Really really cool!
Quite a good-sized list for our first day! :-) More to come!