We have now been in Norge for 2 months and have been having a great time so far. Highlights of the last few weeks:
- First snowfall last weekend (only to be rained away in a day!). The city was very beautiful for the day that it lasted though :-)
- Work Julebord. Literal translation is Christmas table but this was our Christmas party. We has a lovely dinner with the local traditional food - pinekjøtt, and also the Oslo Christmas food which was a delicious pork belly dish. We also tried Aquavit which was not so easy to drink - this is a alcoholic drink made from potatoes and flavoured.
- Bike ride out to Sola strand (beach)- the sand was a little frozen and everyone was wearing jackets!
- Egersund Christmas market - mulled wine, risegrøt, julepølser.
- Our Norway Christmas Day (celebrated with visiting the aforementioned market, a nice dinner and present opening) - we celebrated early because we will be leaving Norway on the 20th for our Christmas & New Year Holiday.
Bring on the Alps next next week!