What a full on few weeks we've had. First up we had the Oslo marathon which was a battle due to a number of things going wrong and then it was Oktoberfest to survive a fortnight later.
- Everything went to plan with the exception of Matty's expectations of our fitness. Obviously we went out way too hard and that made the second half quite the mission
- Next there was a huge communication breakdown where Vanessa thought Matty was running off to do it alone, while he was actually just running ahead to get to the bathroom in time. Van ended up running past the bathroom while Matty was in it and then Matty proceeded to run backwards looking for Van. After giving up on hide and go seek, we bumped into each other with Van 2km ahead.
- However we both finished and Van thrashed Matty
- KPMG were incredibly generous and shouted the KPMG athletes a three course meal which was delicious!
- Matty was in heaven on earth and Van enjoyed herself.
- We failed on our first day and were in bed by 6pm, but passed with flying colors on the last night when we made it to closing.
- It was great fun to catch up with mates based in the UK and get dressed up with the Norwegians.
The rest of the time we've been studying, working and doing busy jobs. Van's surprise birthday weekend is next weekend. Hope she likes it!