We rolled into Vienna Westbahnhof at about 18:30 Friday night. Vienna activities can be summed as follows:-
- failed attempt at finding markets #1
- first u-bahn experience, very simple to use.
- some pretty bad salads and lentils in a smoke-filled corner pub
- met up for a walking tour at 10:30. Turned out it didn't exist so went to Cafe Central (swanky coffee house) for free wifi and to download a tour. Matt volunteered for tour guide and was great except for a few pronunciation difficulties (e.g "and here we have the under-raped goddess", meaning undraped). The walking tour took us to many of the main sites.
- museum visit to the collection of weapons and Ephesus and Samocrates exhibitions.
- walking mission to find the nasch market - found out later we did not take the most direct route, to say the least. Had a beer and some yummy treats at the market.
- walking mission to find the 'lots of bars and restaurants' on the map which was actually the hospital grounds.
- schnitzel for dinner
- Attempted to visit st Stephens at mass time.
- Coffee and cake at Demels coffee house
- hired bikes and went out to prater - ate some unhealthy but yummy sausages wrapped in bread and had gluwein.
- biked back into town, little bit of a mission to return bikes but found somewhere eventually.
- dinner at an Italian place.
- early night in preparation for Munich!