THE BEST THING I'VE DONE IN VIETNAM BY FAR!!!
We went on the Hanoi Backpackers Hostel organised tour of Halong Bay. It comprised 2 nights, 3 days, and we stayed on a private island they called Castaways. We got on the boat with about 20 other young travellers and our guide introduced himself... 'Hi. I'm Liam. The drinking rules are as follows...' and he wasn't talking about safety rules.
1. Buffalo (Anyone drinking with right hand has to down their drink)
2. Cricket (If you pass someone something and say 'How's that?' and someone else says 'out' or puts their hand up before you say 'not out' they have to down/completely use whatever is passed to them)
3. Claim (Whatever statements people make you can 'claim' them on it which basically calls them out, so if they say 'I could stay up all night' you can say 'Claim' and they have to stay up all night').
4. Tell her (If someone says anything someone else can say 'tell her/him' and they have to go up to someone and repeat what they just said, even if that thing is 'God, that girl is so fit- I would **** her' etc).
6. T-E-N and M-I-N-E (If you say the words, not spell them out, you have to do pushups).
On the way there we all jumped off the boat (having seen a jellyfish moments before!) and lazed around in tubes. Every night played drinking games (flip cup, snaps etc). We kayaked to a little lagoon across the bay, did rock climbing, tried wake boarding (LOL!), swam around and of course, skinny dipped! I got 'claimed' to stay up all night... nooooo. At least 2 others had had the same claim so it wasn't so bad!
Went on the Hanoi Backpackers pub crawl when we got back and witnesses our friend Goldy hitting on a girl by doing a mexican wave with his fingers in front of her face. We could not quite believe our eyes... and then she started doing it back! Most surreal thing- have no laughed so much in a while!