Stuck in Aqaba. Long story short, the boats here are super unreliable and poorly structured. Our boat, after boarding and sitting for over 2 hours got cancelled because of weather and closed ports. All nationalities other than Jordanian and Egyptian were stuck on the boat were one Russian guy said he felt like we were hostages because we had to wait at the back of the boat until they sorted our passports and called us one by one. (There was confusion created by our stamped passports with exiting Jordan and entering Egypt stamps). I was the first to be called as an officer said, "SALY?? SALY?? AMERICA??" I threw up my hands and waved them around saying "YAY! I WIN!" and the people around me laughed.
We have been trying really hard for 2 days to get to Lizzie's Mom's timeshare in Hurghada, Egypt. Can't blame it all on the boats as some of it has to do with poor planning on our part, especially since we knew to expect delays. But, if we don't make it to Hurghada by Wednesday night, Lizzie and I will face pricey change/cancellation fees for our booked flights to Cairo.
So far our trip hasn't been worth the money we have spent.. we are basically backpacking through Jordan without ever having an intent to backpack. My understanding going into the trip was that we would have a Jordanian (Lizzie's step-dad) with us and that things would be well-planned and smoothly run because of this. If I had foresight into this and if we were really planning on backpacking, then Lizzie and I would have done it SO much better.
Will we get to Hurghada in time? Will we ever make it to Cairo? :( Stay tuned.