The place we are staying is called ''Mushroom point'' and the designers have really taken the theme seriously. Everything is made in the shape of, or in resemblance of, a mushroom. Our bungalow looks like a giant toadstool, the lamps look like XXL shrooms and the wheat grass advertisements are written on mushroom-like plaques. Most people that work there are from Slovenia, because down here, not even the winter could get really depressing!
The feel of this place is simply amazing. Chill music, hammocks, sunbathing and meeting new and interesting people. Cecilie and me have walked back and forth to the Serendipity Beach area, which is a nice way to stretch your legs after a day in the sun. We feel that we may have found Cambodia's answer to Jericoacoara!
Day two there we suddenly found a young relic from the modern day sixties. His vocabulary consisted of 60% ''dude, man'' and ''you know'', even though we rarely did.. The remaining 40% was mainly focused around pot, the magical type of mushrooms and some anecdotes about how bad chemicals are for you. Except LSD, of course, which by no means goes into the ''chemical'' category.
We got wind of the local ''cinema'' and thought to give it a try. Here you could rent rooms in varying size and form, all with AC, pillows, blankets and a flatscreen. The system works like this: The owner downloads all movies from Piratebay and you can watch them for 2$/hour. We got a cozy little cubbyhole called ''the Hobbit Hole''. We enjoyed 2 hours watching ''Despicable Me 2'' while sipping beer and chillaxing amongst the cushions.
More about spontaneous birthday BBQ, eating fire and onwards to jungle trekking in the next patch!