well i wrote an awesome piece yester but the stupid comp cacked up and didn't saveit so i'll try to recreate it but no promises!
we had a couple of days in kuala lumpur that were relatively busy, the first night when we got there we ended up going for a macd's and feeling pretty crap for it so didn't do much else - fortunately it was already pretty late so we weren't wasting a night. the next day we wanted to get up early to get our tickets to go up the twin towers - which according to a clever little dicky bird i know are apparently the petronas towers? i'm going to stick with twin because i like alliteration.
so the next day comes, what time is it we ask, errr, 10am, the exact time the recommend you're at the towers by if you want to avoid disappointment. i want to stress now - this was NOT our fault. our flea pit but friendly and relaxed guesthouse does not provide rooms with windows so it's v difficult to tell what sort of hour it is... ok contingency plan, a nature based day.
1) butterfly park - ok i'm a great big wuss and don't like it when the butterflies land on me, but even i came to terms with it, they were beautiful, and all around so i didn't really have a choice. i think reyn's put some pics up so the link will be on my fb page. my favourite ones were definitely the purple irridescent ones, and i see why in some kids programmes they refer to butterflies as flutterby, i actually prefer the term flutterby. got some good pics to show you when i get back, i'll leave it there.
2) orchid garden - we went mainly because we knew the rents would like the fact we did, lots of lovely flowers but not enough air con! mwe did take a good walk around though and again got some nice pics :)
3) deer sanctuary - deer stink! but i am now friends with the bambi kind again, over the fact they kill themselves on my car and the like. reynolds touched some of the deer - i chose not too, wouldn't be able to wash my hands before eating and didn't fancy fleas much. we also saw some randomly roaming monkeys having waterfights and tearing the rubbish bins apart forraging for food - they were unsuccessful but it was funny to watch, they also have very big teeth.
4) pedalo on the lake - our pedalo was obviously broken - we pedalled but didn't go anyway. the lizard things in that lake were fedging scary and stared a lot - think teenage mutant ninja turtle monsters... but we stayed upright and managed to go in reverse for a bit more speed.
5) world's largest walk-in free flight aviary - the birds were awesome, again they smell - spot thelink here... flamingos, pelicans, parrots, toucans, hawks, eagles, weird things, emus... parrots and toucans were my faves coz they're the prettiest, the ugly red thing was scared of us though which was funny - it wouldn't walk past us but when we turned our back to it it ran by!
then up the KL tower to the observation deck, saw the city from a great height - lots of lights - awesome :D (i'm not sure if you can tell but i'm a rush!), watched a cultural show - the guy in it was freaky - wore far too much make up - more than me when i didn't get less is more with liquid foundation... then for a good good curry!!
the next day we overslept again, then went to times square, 14 floor shopping centre, when i say huge i mean HUGE, we watched a film - an x-men one about wolverine. hugh jackman is a good actor. then got some god awful noodles and went back to get our overnight train to singapore.
arrived in singapore this morning, not v impressed by the first impression, crappy station, no atm and then i got shouted at by a taxi driver. Tsk. let me tell you i slammed that door hard and walked away. it's official taxi drivers are a**eh*les the world over. finally got to some hotels - i'm hoping they're worth the 15GBP a night. hopefully tonight we'll go to a night safari, we're going to check in now (we had to wait 2 hours or pay an extra 10GBP... think they'll charge you soon as look at you around these parts!) i'm sure i'll find a place for singapore in my heart somewhere at somepoint! anywa folks, til i do i'm going to bid thee good day and good health.
lots of love