Well where shall i start since the last time i wrote!!
1. After my trip to the bay of islands we then went to a place called mercury bay the hostel where we stayed was really nice and we all went on a walk to a place called cathedral cove which was beautiful, especially as it was boiling hot again!
2. The next day we went to a place called rotorua where the boiling mud pools and geysers are. The place absolutely stinks of sulphur but we had a good time. We went to a traditional maori night and one of the lads from the group had to be our leader and stand in front of the maori wharriors as they did their dancing and funny faces. It was really good and we ate and drank lots. On the way back, the driver from the maori centre made us all pretend that our bus was a canoe and that we had to pretend to row it!
3. Visited the geysers and mud pools today on our way to waitamo. The water was spurting about 20 metres into the air but nearly sick when the wind blew lots of sulphur fumes in my face! dis..gus..ting! Then it was off to Waitomo where a group of us went black water rafting, it was great. We had to wear wet suits and rubber boots and a helmet! then after a quick safety talk we had to abseil down into a tight cave 35m below ground level. The instructor told me to keep my speed up as i went down so i took it literally and got to the bottom of the cave in about 2 seconds flat! when we got to the bottom it was pitch black and you could see the gloworms on the roof of the caves, however we were later told that the glo is actually their poo! nice!! then we had to get on a zipwire and fly along the caves in pitch black, not knowing where we were going. however, we were rewarded with a hot cup of tea and a cookie when we got to the end. However the warmth didn't last long as we were then given a rubber inner tube type thing and told to jump of the rocks into a freezing river (again in the pitch black!) i went completely under the water and could hardly breathe. Then we floated along some more looking at the gloworms before finally climbing up 3 waterfalls before getting back into daylight. I was covered in bruises at the end as i kept walking into rocks under the water!.
4. Next day we went to a place called Taupo which is the cheapest place in NZ to skydive so i was easily talked into it by some of the others. I decided to do the 12,000ft jump with a 45 second freefall. Going up in the plane was fine but i started getting a bit nervous when they opened the door and the first person was gone in about 2 seconds! then it was my turn. The instructor told me to dangle my legs out of the plane and to smile for the camera!! then we were gone...i could hardly breathe during the freefall which was a bit scary especially when you are falling at about 100mph!! but once the parachute had gone up it was so quiet and peaceful as we drifted back to the base. I got photos and a DVD done and it is hilarious. I thought i would look terrified on the dvd but i am all cheesy smiles and doing thumbs up like a freak!!
5. Had to get picked up at 5.30am! for my trek through the Tongariro National Park. As soon as i got there i regretted it. It was absolutely solid. We practically had to rock climb 1500m up to the top of the volcano but the view of the emerald lakes at the top was amazing. However, if i thought going uphill was hard that was nothing compared to going down hill. It was loose soil on the volcano face and we were skidding down it. Needless to say i injured my knee! All in all we walked about 12 miles and it took us 7 hours. There was only a couple of us out of the group that did it so i felt quite proud of myself.
6. Went to a place called river valley lodge which was in the middle of nowehere. The dorm was basically one big bed so i got a room on my own instead, and to top my luxury off i booked an hour in the hot tub looking out onto the river and beautiful scenery...hard life! We then had a big roast dinner.
7. Got to Wellington which is the end of my group trip so i was a bit sad to see everyone split up. I had a walk around the town and went up the mountain on a cable car before walking down through the botannical gardens in the beautiful weather. Went out for a few drinks in town which seems ok.