Shiiiiitttt I saw my first spider last night and it was certainly no 'incy wincy'!!! The light from my iPhone shon on the wall and I saw it about 30cm above my head! I nearly died!!! It was the size on an alloy wheel and looked like it had eaten itself up, then vomited it out backwards whilst growing extra eyes and legs to chase me with!!! Robert saw a poisonous brown snake go under the house earlier in the day aswell so I felt like I was sleeping at a zoo without cute furry animals!!! So off I toddled to the sofa! I'm sure I normally sleep with about 6 but just don't normally see them!!!
However not all doom and gloom, Owens just told me he's had a change of heart and giving the young horse one more chance, although I can't really see it passing the clipping test but I'll certainly be having some quiet words in her ear! However there is already a big grave dug out already which is meant for rubbish so fingers crossed!
Were hay bailing today and Owens got me driving his massive tractor, clearly he doesn't value his gate posts!!!
Omg owen asked me how I was with heights before getting me up on the slanted shed roof today to blow the leaves off it but I wasn't all that great to be honest!!! After a few minutes I jus sat my ass down until he came up to help me return to civilisation!!!
Whilst I've been here I've been thinking a bit about what I've learnt about myself since I've been away so far.....,
1. I love my life at home and am extremely privileged, however I already knew that after working in allenton for a decade!
2. I probably take my mum for granted however I also knew that and will most probably continue to do so upon my return.
3. I am able to do things for myself and am more independent than I initially thought! I mean I've never driven outta derby for gods sake but I've managed to get myself through Laos, Thailand, Singapore and Perth alone so I must have some ability!
4. Public transport abroad is easier than I imagined as everyone is willing to help if ya give them a big smile!
5. I will give anything a go as long as it doesn't involve spiders!
6. Home is derby, DE22 1AQ