Second visit to Bangkok
No real trips to report on in the last few days and nothing as exciting as staying in a tribal village or riding a stick of bamboo down a river. However, there has still been a couple of incidents worth mentioning:
1. The ride back from Chiang Mi was definately a random one. We caught a sleeper train, but this was not your average sleeper train as it had a party carriage! All the English was raving (George was a bit drunk hanging from a window frame) and the Thai people were taking photos of our culture...Alcoholism! Unfortunately as we were having fun some Thai "music, music" porter man stole Hans ipod! After a non-existant effort by the police to find it we weren't very unhappy, then to rub salt into the wound Han found a dirty nappy under her matress which she was more upset about than losing the ipod!
2. A reality check was in order after being on the trip for 8 days so we spent all morning on the internet looking at the latest football and Notts league squash scores! (Come on Forest 2nd in the table). We went for some food in HK noodles (Thailand's answer to subway) and as we left the resterant saw a dog with a piece of its leg hanging off! I hope we didnt just eat the missing piece!
3. In the eve we met up with our group for the last time at Khoasam road....safety in numbers! Here we had some Chang, got asked by the same man about 10 times if we wanted to go an watch a pingpong show and saw some Thai delacacies (fried scorpion, cockroach, maggot, and crickets)...Im a celebrity get me out of hereeeee! It was in bar 999 West where I saw the image that haunts my dreams.....Hans Paris food poisoning sick face! We headed off early and just managed to arrive in our room before the sick came (Well played Han for making it back in time).
4. The following day Han felt a bit better so we went for a walk to a few stinky markets and I got my fix of Engish food....there is only so much rich and noodles an Englishman can take!! That eve we watched Slumdog Millionaire and it reminded us of the shanty towns we had seen at Mumbai airport.
5. Today we went to find Beefy's friend who had helped him book his trips to the South islands....what a malarky finding him tho! We encountered: dodgy tuk tuk drivers, travel agent salesmen who didnt want us to buy anything from them (strangest thing ive ever seen), and some needless walking around some propper rough neighborhoods! In the end we got our tickets sorted which was a relief and we got a seriously cheep meal.....1 Chang, 1 fanta, and 2 meals for £2! Later that day we realised we probs got ripped off cus some guy was offering it for cheaper but o well! We are however going to Beefy's friends secret island which is an exclusive offer to us...probs just a sandpit in someones garden!
Thanks for reading our incredible adventure.
Jonnys first blog!