So what have we done in the last few days:
1. shat ourselves at Heathrow airport as reality of leaving the UK for 7 months kicked in (me telling Jonny that thailand's tourist info site says that it is a terrorism hotspot, and regular muggings and rapes occur probably didn't help matters)
2. Jonny moved his legs for the whole plane journeys in order to avoid a thrombosis (definately a world record)
3. We nearly got deported from bangkok before we had even entered the country, due to filling in the immigration forms wrong!
4. Arrived at a swanky hotel after an interesting airport transfer, only to find that our hotel was down the back alley of the posh one.....to be fair it was still in better shape than we were expecting!
5. Went to get some grub in a dirty shack with a pinchy pinchy man......the food was actually pretty good and the whole meal only came to about 6 quid...bonus! Plus Jonny tried a peanut and veg....I was shocked! (We didn't even get the runs!)
6. Woke up and had some rice and noodles for breakfast...standard!
7. Got a taxi accross town to join our Chang Mi trip, turned up at a swanky hotel which we were actually allowed to stay at this time!
8. Decided to go for an afternoon stroll, walked for about 2 mins passing 4 stray dogs and a freaky special needs tramp (nothing against the special needs peeps), but we quickly decided it was probably best to have some idea where we were heading so we headed away from trapville back to the hotel. We then quickly got pounced on by a tuk tuk man who took us to a shopping centre via a suit shop (seems to be the standard thing when you get a tuk tuk).
9. Met our tour people who are all pretty cool, got some overly spicy food then went to find a ping pong show (but chickened out after walking for about an hour), went to bed, woke up at a ridiculous o'clock to go to a floating market via a weird train market, and a sugar farm. On the way back we stopped off at a snake show....apparently the most exciting show in the world (self named). To be fair to them it wasn't bad apart from the bit when a mongoose and a cobra we forced to fight to the death (suprisingly the mongoose won)!
10. Unfortuntely, I think our run of luxury accomadation might of come to an end as tonight we are going on a 13 and half hour sleeper train to Chang Mi to start our hilltribe trek...we have been told to open our mind to the basic accomadation (never a good sign)!
Taaa raa for now!