Today did not exactly go as we planned it. We woke up and checked out of our room and put our bags in storage while we waited to go on our paragliding adventure. About 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave, the weather turned for the worst. Needless to say, all trips were cancelled for today. Instead of getting our money back, we just pushed the adventure off until early tomorrow morning. There was not much for us to do here at the hostel while it was raining, so we decided to just sit around and watch Gladiator and do laundry. In addition to doing our laundry, we found the recovery room...it is a big room at the top of the hostel with about 10 or so hammocks for people to take naps on...which we did!!:) Since it rained all day it was a much needed relaxation period.
Around 4pm we were able to get into our new room. It is here we decided to cancel our one night layover in Paris and stay here an extra night...also we signed up for a 3.5 hour canyoning trip after paragliding! Tomorrow is going to be so much fun...weather permitting of course. Following our final booking we grabbed a bite to eat here at the hostel and watched the cows march down the street...there must be some kind of special event going on tonight? Now we are just updating on our slow day and taking in Switzerland. Tomorrow will be a much longer blog...so thanks for bearing with us:)
Thanks Uncle B for the tips for Amsterdam...but Leigh is making me go to a coffee shop. Also, Leigh would like to know if you have heard anything about the day spas? We cannot wait for the Breweries either...at least Danny can`t.