What a wonderful 3 days spent in Paris! Here are some first impressions of a wonderful city and her people.
1. Parisiennes really are as chic as they are portrayed in the movies. They have impeccable style and an aire about them.
2. French bread really does taste better in France.
3. The city is seriously beautiful. There are amazing things to see everywhere you look. It is even more beautiful than I had dreamed.
4. Paris is much more culturally diverse than I had imagined. Different ethnic neighborhoods and restaurants abound.
5. We lost a few years of life due to the inhalation of secondhand smoke. EVERYONE in France smokes!
6. Figuring out the metro (subway) is not for wimps.
7. Crepes are one of the four basic French food groups. Cheese, bread and wine are the others.
8. French pastries are uh-mazing!
9. How is it that one city can be blessed with so many amazing sights? The Eifflel Tower, The Sacre-Coeur, The Seine River, Arc de Triomphe, The Louvre, just to name a few.
10. I personally didn't "feel" the infamous hatred the French have towards Americans. Granted, no one was overly friendly or helpful, but I was expecting that.