Monday. Need I say more? Almost everyone I know has ill feelings towards that word. For me it's not because the weekend is over, it's because a new week has begun. There was a time when I looked ahead at the week as a new chance to make a difference. Now I look at it with indifference. I know that no matter what I do to try to enjoy the week someone (t) will destroy it. It's sorta become a game. I like games...but in this one there's really no way for me to win. I hate having a defeatist attitude, so, I will do as I do best and soldier on making the best of what is given to me. I have made myself a list (yup, checked it twice) of ways I will attack this situation.
1. I will laugh at myself, before I get angry at things I cannot control.
2. I will smile when I really don't want to.
3. I will take a deep breath before I say something I really shouldn't.
4. I will NOT let someone else occupy my feelings and ruin my day.
5. I will save all my frustrations up and let their power become the biggest hugs I can give my wife, family, and friends.
6. I will LOVE.