again i apologise for the lack of entires. My last week (or how ever long it has been) hjas been a blur! It has gone so fast.
setting off for australia tonight, heading to melbourne first and there i will write some mroe blogs and will probably do alot more than just sitting around and surfing!
Best things about bali;
- The sun
- The surf. Favourite places were Surangen which was crazy big but so clear and just so nice. Changgu which was so smooth and caught some good waves!
- The balinese Smile (they all have pretty much perfect teath!!)
- The cheap food/clothes/dvds etc etc
- The swedish
Worst things about bali:
- Kuta is ridiculously dirty. Its like a cheaper malia or aya napa
- Kuta beach during the wet season is DISGUSTING. Due to ports flooding in java and jakarta all of the crap flows towards bali and ends up killing all the fish, making the water smell disgusting and leaving rubbishg everywhere. I'm told during the high season the bach is crystal clear. I have noticed it is clearing up... slightly.
- The heckling. Every Balinese person wants to sell you something. and everything they say is said twice. cheap cheap. transport transport. mushroom mushroom. hashish hashish. and you dont start a conversation with someone saying YES! which is what they frequently do. very annoying and one becomes tired of it VERY quickly. ok rant over!
I have definatly enjoyed my time in bali. its been fun for partying. surfing (although its been a bit out of my league at times) and getting a sun tan. we have met alot of people. (mainly candadians and swedes) and made alot of friends! It's been fun to say the least.