Summing up the last 5 weeks... We have arrived home after the long plane flights. I can't help but now reflect on the past 5 weeks. Sometimes it feels like it went so fast and the minor things are easily forgotten so I am grateful to have recorded the blog. So many laughs & starting out in the rv was a great way to see the sights and still feel at home at the end of the day. Some days were stressful driving in amongst the craziness but once we arrived at the destinations it was worth every moment.
Some things we may have missed while we were in the rv...
1. Being pestered by people trying to sell tours. They are very good salespeople and know how to pick tourists. We were trying to avoid being bailed up by them. One fellow was trying to sell us a cd to listen to. He mentioned something to mike and mike responded with the words 'fair dinkum' - gosh could he make it any more obvious, that we weren't from around here! He was pulling out the Aussie slang more than ever. It was absolutely hilarious!
2. At an Irish bar at Long Beach for dinner I asked for skewered prawns as our entree... The waitress had no idea what prawns were.. Oh I mean shrimp can we have some shrimp... Hehe oops!
3. At the first bottle shop I Asked if they had any bourbon. The guy behind the counter didn't comprehend what the heck I was requesting until I fixed it with hmmmm whiskey? Oh now he understands!
4. Some Corners along the pacific highway are tighter than you may assume... Especially when another RV is coming in the opposite direction - Oops luckily we escaped major damage.
New York - we had a lot of fun in New York seeing how such a city works. It was amazing to see Wall Street and realise just why it is called Wall Street. Understanding the subway system was tough but we got there in the end and never headed in the wrong direction. Phew! But to see so many parks being properly utilised by the people was very special. It was just lovely to see so many people out and about taking advantage of the space.
1. The Pod hotel was absolutely awesome and comes highly recommended.
2. Latitude bar was an excellent stop and we spent 3 days searching for it again but never found it.
3. Don't leave phone in the shuttle to the airport EVER AGAIN.
All in all we had an absolutely amazing trip and are so thankful for the opportunity to see how some of the world functions away from home. To see such patriotism from the Americans was wonderful. They are all so proud of their soldiers and almost every house has an American flag hanging on the front Porch. It was truly special. Also the support for their sporting teams was great. Especially the hockey. That was amazing.
Thanks to our followers back home. Some days it was hard to find motivation to write but knowing you were waiting for an update was very helpful and I will be thankful when we look back on our trip.
We had an absolutely fantastic time & I could not imagine to have spent all these days and laugh so many times with anyone else.
Now to start planning the next adventure!
Sal & Micheal signing out xx