Bangkok: cycling through mighty chinatown and jungle!
- loved the bike tour with dutch company Co van Kessel through the small streets and markets of chinatown! After a nice trip with a longtail boat we even biked in the jungle and through local farms!
- visited the amazing temple of dawn, known for its porcelain statues and nice view over Bangkok
- surprised by the great theatre show of Siam Nazarit! Impressed by the Thai dancers, decorations and music; there was even a river on stages and there were elephants :)
- cycling through the chaos of Bangkok traffic is a lifetime experience haha but I managed to do it!
- climbing the temple of Dawn was easy on the way up, however on my way down very challenging for me (took me long time cause of the height) but very amusing to other visitors
#weather: very hot and sunny! Glad I did the bike trip in the morning :)
#tastyfood: amazing lunch at a local restaurant during the bike trip; ate so many great dishes! Also tried some thai snacks and loved the sticky rice!
#sleepover: still enjoying the luxery of a bed in my hotel :)
#didyouknow: almost every Thai male becomes a monk for a period in there lives, which brings growth and strenght to their families. Minimum period is 7 days, although some stay a monk for there whole life
#nice: there were all Dutchies in my bike group so it was great to speak some Dutch again
#funny: one of the Dutchies convinced our tourleader that Brabant was actually a country and that prince carnaval was the minister!