As if we've been living in Sydney for 5 months already, and away from England for 10 and a half months! Time flies!
Jobs picked up nicely so it was great to start seeing progress on the travel funds again! Yippee! It was equally nice to spend some of our hard earned money on our onward travels to New Zealand, Tasmania last month and heading up and into Asia again! In about a 2 weeks we'll be polishing off the backpacks and packing up again, but this time with thermals and fleeces ready for winter in New Zealand.
We've just come back from Tassie and Melbourne and we're now on the last working stint in Australia before we leave for good (this time at least!). Living in our little flat has been perfect. Especially the last few weeks as we've had the place to ourselves so no awkward conversations from Bryn at 7 in the morning when all he can produce is the odd grunt!
Living near the fish market has definitely been a highlight! Mastering seafood on a BBQ has been Bryn's forte from day one. Macaroni cheese in the oven had been mine (you can take the girl outta England but you can't take England outta the girl!)
A concise list of other memories in Sydney so far include (no particular order):
1. Fishing in Sydney harbour with Gaz and Alex
2. Lion king the musical on stage
3. Baby Olivers christening with family on the coast
4. Meeting up with Michael (Bryn's dad) and Glenn
5. Sun sets everyday from our balcony
6. Making full use of our own gym, pool and spa (our bodies definitely didn't understand the concept of exercise when we first arrived)
7. First paydays!
8. Meeting up with travelling friends on the rocks and at the opera house bar
9. Listening to the climaxes of the Sydney Symphony Orchestra reverberate around the Sydney opera house (and getting dolled up to fit in with the crowd)
10. Getting back into Neighbours on the TV in its home country
Right well, Sydney it's been amazing, sad to be leaving but there is too much of the world still left to explore. Until next time,
Love Jo x x x