Queenstown with the Wipers
We were back at 'The Rees' but in a bigger apartment to accommodate the extras and a plus one in the form of Kiwi. It was more of the same fun fun fun activities and all go in the town of fun! We played beer pong, which G&C were really good at and absolutely loved! We met Jenny's lovely friend Dan from home who was randomly staying in the room below us! We played a lot of silly games and a few bottles of wine seemed to disappear pretty quickly it was a good first night in QT.
The next day we headed straight to The Luge for some downhill action. As ever it got very competitive very quickly. There were a few bumps and crashes along the way but on the third race it started to get a bit more aggressive and there was only one culprit to blame… Kiwi. I wasn't a witness to the incident but from the information gathered here are my findings.
· James and Kiwi were bumping luges by the first corner.
· Rob was only a few metres behind almost getting in on the action.
· Kiwi bumped James of the track.
· James fell from the luge in a dramatic roll and onto the track.
· Rob, with nothing he could do as he was going at such a fast pace ran over James's hand!
· From the photographic evidence (thank you Gail) it is clear that Kiwi showed no remorse and was evil laughing his way down the track.
· Rob, was feeling incredibly guilty so concerned for his brother's safety he couldn't concentrate on the road.
We all heard about the incident on the way back up to the fourth race. I think everyone learnt from the mistakes made in the previous round and there were no major incidents in the fourth race. This was all forgotten by the fifth and final race when all hell broke loose. I was also not a witness to this horrendous accident but after some more interviews here are my findings:
· Jenny was so determined to win she had a great start as I blocked off Chris and Rob on the track so they were forced to slow down.
· She still had to get past James and Kiwi.
· Half way down the track, unaware of what was happening in front of us Rob made some great manoeuvre tactics and over took me.
· Meanwhile, James had taken the lead and Jenny was getting closer to the end so only had time to go for second place, which meant only Kiwi stood in her way.
· FYI-The Luge lanes filter into one as you finish the race.
· Just before the filter lane Jenny managed to get into a great position ahead of Kiwi, she was about to make second place.
· Then Kiwi, knocked Jenny's luge out of the way so he could make it into the filter lane first and claim second place.
· Jenny was flung from the luge and fell onto the track taking some of her skin with her.
· Rob got a sense of deja-vu when he came around the corner. There was nothing he could do and at the speed he was going it was going to be a nasty crash.
· Jenny, only just regaining consciousness realised what was about the happen at the last second, there was nothing she could do but brace herself.
· BOOM, CRASH, KAMBOOZLE
· Rob's luge collides with Jenny's already injured body. The luge hits Jenny's back and Rob gets out of his luge to help Jenny up.
· Chris and I whizz on past just about avoiding the injured parties to claim 3rd and 4th place as Jenny and Rob DNF!
· All of this was caught on the pictures they take at the end for people to take home as souvenirs, Jenny was adamant that this was not a picture she wanted to buy and remember for ever.
Jenny was in a seriously bad way. We had to clean up her injuries in the bathroom and there were a lot of bad cuts, grazes and bruises. It was a serious lesson learnt by all and my findings conclude that the one rule you should always follow is; do not mess with Kiwi on the Luge.
Our next activity was on James's birthday and we chose the zip wire. While G&C opted out of this and instead chose the much more civilised option of the steamboat across the lake. Jenny was still suffering badly with her injuries from the day before and took a bowl of codine and red bull to ease the pain. This concoction of caffeine and pain killers equals an extremely hyper Jenlaa! We had a lot of fun on the zip wire and everyone with us, including the instructor thought Jenny was mental, we agreed!
We played an intense game of Frisbee golf in the afternoon with some beers and fush and chups.
The boys also had a game of crazy golf whilst us girls did some girly things like shopping (Gail), meeting friends (Jenny) and getting waxed (Me)!
Most of the time we ate at The Rees when the spork came into good use as there wasn't enough cutlery for us all (bloody Kiwi!). For James's birthday we went out for a meal at Botswana Butchery. It was a delicious meal as it always is from these restaurants but the thing that really made it was the birthday cake Jenny and I created for Graham James. After we had stuffed ourselves silly we went to the Ice Bar for a lot of alcohol and some amazing photos in the photo booth. The penguin head began to get too abused and we were all getting a bit chilly so left in search of a bar with music. James had fallen over in the bathroom that afternoon, (how old is he?) so with a bit of a headache he and Rob chatted and drank but didn't dance. Kiwi and Jenny joined me for a bit of dancing but they mainly propped up the bar! It was a fun night out, from what I remember but the next morning I was feeling a bit delicate and then Rob and Kiwi thought it would be hilarious to make 'throw up' sounds, consequently I then had to spend a few moments alone in the bathroom-what a disgrace!
We had a few hours until our flight to Auckland so watched the Rugby 7's in the sunshine and the Wiper clan said goodbye to Kiwi.
It was a great two weeks with the Wipers, filled with a lot of laughing and singing (by Jen and me!). James and I now have to prepare ourselves for just each other for company again, uh!