We were back for the last time (this trip) to the church of Christ and would be making the most of seeing Rob, Kiwi, Math, Elle, Cory and the girls. We arrived on Valentine's day and Becky had a lovely bunch of flowers waiting for her on the doorstep, James bought me a Moro bar (the equivalent of a boost chocolate bar!). It was good to see Kiwi and the girls again and we caught up on what we had been up to. We managed to skype a few people, including Kelly, Sara, Faye and Marni at 5:00am but I wasn't too drunk or tired so we caught up easily and with a lot of laughs!
We spent the day with Rob, Corey and the girls (sorry to keep grouping them altogether!) at Akaroa on the Banks peninsular. There wasn't much to do there but it is a pretty town and the weather was glorious so we had a few nerf games and shared fush and chups. The girls left a little while before us as they were hitting the gym. We drove past them on the way as they had pulled over, Mitch had overheated and the brakes had failed! They seemed in high spirits and said he'd be fine as long as he cooled down! We stopped for some free cheese samples at Barrys cheese factory and got home in time to have dinner before going out for a farewell few drinks with Rob and Cory. Catherine and Becky had work the next day but I persuaded Chekko to come with us (it didn't take much) and we met Rob and Cory at the house they were staying. It was a fun night with a few events, which have been described in bullet points below:
· Phoned Jenny and had a discussion about her retarded brother aptly named Stanley.
· The boys attempting to put a hedgehog in Corey's tent
· Kiwi stealing some bubbly from female housemate
· Us running away from the female housemate
· Kiwi climbing over a fence
· James climbing over the fence to rescue Kiwi
· Chekko and I try to persuade Elle to come out
· Chekko smells the hostel room with great subtlety
· Kiwi and James come to see Elle bearing gifts in the form of a hub cap
· Math coming out in oversized plimsoles
· Kiwi not getting into bar due to leaning on an imaginary post
· Learning some great magic tricks whilst pimping Chekko to ensure the continuation of magic
· Crying when we say farewell to Rob
· Seeing Rob again as we walk to the garage for a pie
· James finding a 'thou shall not pass' prop
· Saying bye to Rob again (no tears this time)
· Trying not to wake Catherine and Becky as we were not yet on the sofas with utensils and a boy band play list
· Finding the above very difficult when James is stuck on repeat with 'thou shall not pass'
· Jumping on Catherine and Becky
· James and Kiwi serenade Catherine and Becky with a beautiful rendition of Adele, well Kiwi quit half way through
· I perform a mind blowing contemporary dance to Skinny Love for Chekko, Kiwi and James
· Kiwi attempts contemporary dance with his interpretation of a jelly fish
· We realise it had gone too far so we all went to bed!
Poor Kiwi had to work the next day James, Chekko and I didn't do much, just prepared ourselves for another night out tonight! We met two of Becky's friends from home and then went to a bar that had live music. The girl singing was a bit strange but very good, it was another fun night out and we listened to some boy band tunes when we got home, just to keep up with tradition.
The next day we were all a bit tired but managed to struggle out of bed to the sofa and then the sofa to play crazy golf. We treated Catherine and Becky with a roast dinner when we got in and all felt a bit zombie like in the evening. The next evening we had Pippa, Eliza and Genève over this kept us amused for half hour in particular when Pippa was jumping furiously on Chekko's bed exclaiming 'Mummy would be so cross!' We watched a little bit of Africa and now Eliza hates crocodiles and Pippa would definitely love to fly. The evening had a melancholy feel as it was the last time we would be in CC and therefore had to say bye to the girls and Kiwi.