Heavy heads galore!!! Kim's late for work, it's 10.30am and he's still here, Jacq gets up and showers chatting to Cheryl with a very strong coffee and we do a spot of facetiming to family - just to rub it in a bit!
Cheryl insists on taking us to the airport despite our protests, they really have spoilt us rotten but insist it's what they do - we get packed up after a bacon and egg sandwich and she drops us off around 2pm - we've had to most amazing night with these guys so much fun and we vow to keep in touch and hopefully return the favour some day!
We board around 3.30 in West Jet. It's an easy 4-hour flight but has a 2-hour time difference so we land about 11pm. When we get off a bus takes us to the subway and we jump on a train at Kipling exiting at Spadina in search of a pub - hair of dog needed. We find a karaoke bar called the Fox and the Fiddle, Matt sings radio head which goes down a storm and we wet our lips before calling an Uber to our hotel/hostel/dump. Thank god Uber is back in action we've missed it!
We are picked up by the rudest driver ever, doesn't speak, or offer us help with our bags, just pops the boot whist he sits in front with massive Dr Dre beats on his ears so we throw it all in and when we arrive - well - were lost for words.
Now we expected hostel standard and to be fair it's right in the centre of everything with is great but this place is so dodgy it's unreal. Why you ask, here we go:
1. Neon flashing sign outside reminiscent of a strip club
2. Stinks even on the doorstep which is outside
3. Inside the door hallway and up staircase is covered with scrap paper notes and pictures penned by what you imagine would be a small child with instructions on how to close a door, empty a bin, put keys in a bucket on departure
4. We must ring a certain number to gain access - 10 minutes later the so called "manager" arrives he stinks - of dirt and dirt, ugh, no hello, nothing - pay that is all he says as he points to the charge on a sheet
5. Room is dwarf sized - we're short but come on
6. Toilet roll is bicycle locked to the wall - up high above the toilet seat - cos you know, that's pretty sought after
Joyful! But sure, we'll barely be here so we laugh it off dump our stuff and crash ready for a day of sightseeing tomorrow!!! Need disinfectant, tetanus and our mums……