On the move again .....
After an enjoyable five days in Perth, we're now in the Airport waiting to board our Melbourne flight.
Had a nice Italian meal at Sorrento's in northbridge last night and then met up with Siobhan, one of Anna's old friends from Kirwans, who brought along her Thai friend Vanessa. Had a couple of drinks at some weird western style bar which had an "oldies" dance night on.
Siobhan was good fun but is pretty ditzy! Not sure if she is happy over here. Vanessa was also a good laugh although I struggled to understand some of what she was saying. Think she took a shine to me as she asked for my name to Facebook. When I asked where she was from she said "Bangkok". I was tempted to say "OK no problem" and then punch her in the ghoulies as hard as I could ... just to check you know (geddit?). Vanessa was very kind, telling us all about Melbourne.
I'd had a few beers so I wasn't at my best small talk wise. Some examples ...
1. Is Bangkok a bit nuts?
2. Do all the girls like ping pong?
3. Who is the Thai equivalent of Sticky Vicky?
All questions were met with a confused expression. Still, Vanessa was not soft. When Anna was talking about her job as a family solicitor and explained she handled divorces, Vanessa sprung up - "Ahhhhhhh, PRE NUP". Turns out she had married what sounds like an older Swiss guy who seems loaded and obviously had a pre nup in place. Think she wanted a bit of advice.
A funny night all in all. After meeting Rachel and my new mate, Mal for lunch earlier today at the BHP building, which has stunning views over Perth, our time was up. Some random observations about Perth:
1. Lots of the girls have huge tramp stamps over here - not an appealing look, although there are some rather attractive young ladies as well. Obviously not a patch on Anna.
2. Like in England, you do have your scallies
3. Most people we have spoken to have probably been non Australian
4. The heat determines what they do outside. For example, today is just too hot to go to the beach. That night seem crazy to you, but for them the sun is like the rain - too much of it and you sit indoors.
Anyway, roll on Melbourne. Bit cooler, and a bit more cultural. Maybe catch some of the tennis.
As Vanessa would say "saaaaaaaaw looooooooooong".