Well, we havnt been able to update our blog for a while (due to lack of, or crap internet!) so we've moved on down the coast quite alot now. We stopped off at lots of different placed for only a night or two at a time so heres the low down:
- Mission Beach- not much there but a lot of beach!
- Townsville- got into a bit of a fight with a road barrier that wouldnt let us through without a code! We walked along the esplande all evening and visited the night markets that were pattrolled by teenagers on longboards with vodka, lol. Had a bit of a 'Lostboys' feel to it...Keifer was just around the corner.
- Airlie Beach- One of our favourites so far, a small beachtown near the whitsundays that had this nice laggoon right by the beach, and lots of parrotts. The second day there, it pissed with rain so we drank beer and played s***head for most of the day. We also thought we were going to get abused by this old drunk couple who had been living out of there tent for the ladt three years! But the actually gave us some good Mosquito repelling tips! (eucalyptus leaves with water). Ele almost had a siezure because she thought there was something on out roof at night but we realised it was probably just a possum?!
- Yeppoon - pretty small town, we only spent one night but found a cool campsite right on the beach, unfortunately the weather wasn't good again but Dominoes Pizza came to the rescue!
- The town of 1770 and Agnes Water - This was a great surf town consisting of about two roads (like wroxall) and it was second time we could actually go in the sea! There have been to many Jellyfish around at the moment for us to go in the sea without the supervision of a penn, so this was a nice change!lol. The Beach was was beautiful and we had a nice morning watching the surfers and chilling out before getting back on the road.
- Bundaberg - Our next major landmark really, and i have to say i was a little bit excited...i was dissappointed. There was a bit of a 'hicksville' vibe going on and we definatly felt like backpackers. However, the Bundaberg Distillery was Amazing, very informative and hands-on. We actually got to go round the inside of the working factory and see the stages of the rum being made, plus free rum at the end!! Goodtimes! Naturally we were the last to leave the bar at 11:45am!, and we were talking to our tour guide who (can you effing believe it) was on the IOW in february staying at her sisters house in WROXALL! It turns out that her sister is married to eles old music teacher at Ventnor middle..Mr Wilkie...classic.
- Hervey Bay - We have only just arrived in Hervey but it already has a nice atmosphere and reasonable internet! I think we are going to book a trip to Fraser Island for tomorrow and hopefullyget some time to chill out abit.
So as you can see we have been doing alot of driving recently and not much else, we're really keen to get down to the Sunshine/Gold Coast area and then slow down.
More Photos to come!
Love to everyone, Danny x