Americanism- boy have we had some pearlers!!!!!
1. The young gentleman we met who had been to England in 1999 but has never had a passport. It seems Americans only needed passports after 9/11!!!! They just used their driver's licence before that!!!
2. American: where are you from?
American: oh Australia. Oh you poor thing! Well not to worry we will accept you after all we are all part of the Commonwealth!
3. The American who found a school in NZ to collaborate with on the Internet. She had never even heard there was such a country and proceeded to tell the whole table how amazing is was that she found out there were no bears in New Zealand - everyone was shocked!!!!!
4. After being in Boston for 1 day the lady who KEPT pestering poor Sonia about why she wasn't moving to America permanently - after all it is the greatest place on earth :)
5. The fact that my name is weird. They have never heard of it. They can't say it, have no idea how to pronounce it and have taken to calling be Robin since that is easier for them!