The Bombproof Water Bottle
- On Thursday we gave a man a hug and bought him dinner. We are now hoping to stay with his rich cousin in Florianopolis, which is half way between Rio and Salvador. A hug can go a long way...remember that.
- Last night we got Louis wasted - he's still in bed nursing his hangover. He's 51 and only got out of bed to give us some aspirin and make sure we had our tickets for the tour to Corcovada.
- Today we rode in a VW camper-van to see Jesus. He was very polite and happy to see us. The two tour guides Rodrigo and 'The happiest man alive' were lively chaps and played samba music throughout. The 3Â Peruvians in the back spent most of the time sleeping but said they came down from Corcovado feeling peaceful and redeemed..Victoria came down absolutely delighted at the fact that there were escalators all the way to the top and I came down with the sweats from a cheese pasty. The journey back along Lagoa (lake)Â Rodrigo de Freitas at sunset was amazingly beautiful.
- Tonight we're going for mash potato and to continue the search for a travel adapter.
- Tomorrow we're heading to the MaracanaÂ to watch theÂ Torneo Carioca Final between Flamengo and Botafogo (2-2 after the first leg); the entire city seems to be gearing up for the game and many people have travelled downÂ from other parts of BrazilÂ for the weekend. The shops and bars are awash with flags andÂ banners;Â either the red and black of Flamengo or the black and white of Botafogo. I'm going to look like a nob in my Albion shirt.
That's it for now. Hug a random person...you never know what will happen. Love to you all.
Victoria and Tom xxxx
Ps daddy barnes write soon!!! xxÂ
pps...Jake, i'll get you the shirt of which ever team wins xx