WHEEEE!!!!!!!!! PARIS PARIS PARIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*insert nonsensical blog about how much I <3 Paris*
Hmm. Anyway, we've had a whirlwind couple of days. Lots of trains and walking.
In (sort of) chronological order:
- caught a train to Lviv
- walked around Lviv for hours in the freezing cold
- caught a train to Budapest. Slept on the train, and went through Customs at 4am again
- walked around Budapest for hours in the freezing cold
- slept in a real bed
- caught a taxi to Budapest airport
- sat in Budapest airport for 6 hours
- caught a two hour plane to Paris
Our accommodation is...not great, but it does have a shower that only leaks a little bit, and it is really really close to the Metro (once you figure out where you are).
I've eaten baguettes, croissant, crepes and pasta(?) since I've been here, and my absolutely favourite was the banana and chocolate crepes. Today was a crash course in all things Parisianne, so we saw the Bastille, Notre Dame, Champs Elysee, Louvre, Arc de Triumph and Eiffel Tower. I know I'm just listing off places, and I'm sorry about that, but I assure you everything is so beautiful and overwhelming that it is impossible for me to find the words to describe them-at least in my current sleep-less and coffee-less state.
P.S. The night sky is actually grey from smog, not black.