Wine testing eventis one of the luxury tours to Armenia, which is well known as the homeland of wine.SacVoyage Armenian Travel Company offers unforgettable 5 days tour round the most famous wine making places of Armenia. The homeland of wine is waiting for you on October 8.
Since ancient days Armenia was famous for the wine makers where original traditions were kept until this day. In 2011 archaeologists in Armenia announced the discovery of the world's oldest-known wine production facility. Located in the Areni cave complex, it consisted of a shallow basin to press grapes, a vat for storage, and fermentation jars. They also found grape seeds, remains of pressed grapes, and dozens of dried vines.
The first Areni Wine festival was held in 2004 before the latest discoveries. The festival aims to promote and develop Areni Community and other communities tourism of Armenia in the international and domestic tourism market as favorable and attractive touristic location and as a winemaking cradle and one of the most important components of international wine market.
On October 8 the village of Areni will host a wine festival. The Areni Wine festival tour package includes:
Duration: 5 days/4nights
Type: event, folkloric, excursion
Meal plan: BB
Price: 410 €/pppt/(calculated for 8pax)
Highlights of the tours:
1. Day 1. 05.10.11/Arrival-Yerevan City Tour(80km)
2. Day 2. 06.10.11/Garni-Gegard-Yerevan (70km)
3. Day 3. 07.10.11/Yerevan-Ejmiatsin-Zvartnots-Yerevan(70km)
4. Day 4. 08.10.11/Yerevan-Khor Virap- Noravank-Areni(Wine Festival)- (250km)
5. Day 5. 09.10.11 / Yerevan-Lake Sevan-Dilijan-Haghartsin-Yerevan(240km)
Tour package includes:
• All transfers by program
• Accommodation in 4* hotel in DBL room
• High-qualified guide-interpreter in your preferred language
• All entrance tickets
• Professional friendly driver
• Comfortable mini bus with climate-control system
• 24-hours tourist support
• Souvenirs as presents from SacVoyage
Explore beautiful vineyard landscapes, meet new people and taste wines…take a look of Areni Wine Fest tour package more detailed in SacVoyage website