Today was why they call it 'road trip'. Seven hours driving through beautiful country, epic photo stops and snacks galore. It's a shame my Nepal jazz cd has already run its course! Before arriving in Veliko we saw a golden onion domed church, hiked through the mist to shipka tower, sleighed down stairs, browsed the beer section with a bloke from Stoke and queued for far too long for a hotdog!
For us, Veliko Tarnovo was a town in cloud. Cold and wintery and reminiscent of 1830's York it was the perfect place to wander with woolly hats on in search of our next coffee/hot chocky stop.
Highlights of VT included:
• a 4 quid haircut for our Jo
• wandering the ancient fort
• making the most of an in room washing machine
• sharing our room with the local cat coppers***s
• eating pizza
• watching snow fall around Gothic lamp posts
• shopping the sleepy souvenir shops