- Russia observations....
- Young people in Russia were all very nice. People in St Petersburg were a bit friendlier than those in Moscow.
- Young people talk about how the younger generation will demand a different government, where as the older generation seem happy with their lot.
- The country doesn't seem as oppressed (dictated to) as it is believed to be, we even had one of our tour guides take the piss out of Putin and then laugh and say don't worry we're allowed to do that now. Sounds like it didn't used to be that relaxed.
- Contrary to popular believe we didn't see hardly any army about.
- Older people in Moscow were quite moody, but that might be the language barrier. Especially in shops where we had to point to the stuff we wanted and they slammed it down in the counter and grunted something to us which was the amount. ( I'm guessing they don't appreciate the pointing!)
- Women were quite attractive, generally the men weren't!!
- It wasnt as cold as I was expecting and although St Petersburg was pretty cold to start with, Moscow was fairly warm.