I love Thailand :)
Karina is currently located at Phuket... not the greatest Thai place, but still fun.. and an eye opener if anything. I guess the places I have been beforehand have not been so over run by tourists.. so I'm adapting to that slowly. I like talking to locals.. as well as the backpackers.. but here.. so many damn Aussies! Ahhhh
Aussies don't bother me.. I love my country and some of the people in it too :)
It's just now that I am in Phuket.. I get to see a different side of my beautiful country.... or at least a different side to middle-aged Aussie blokes. When I arrived, I went in to the first bar that got my attention.. loud music, packed with people and girls dancing on the bar :) When I sat down to have a beer (which by the way are definitely stronger here... I was stumbling after 4 or 5! I'm no light weight either) I noticed how many old guys were chatting/kissing/canoodling with these pretty young Thai girls.. it made me sick because most of these guys were Aussies! Shame shame shame! I guess at the end of the day they're enjoying themselves.. just in a very perverted way.. these girls just want the money.. not the ugly fat guy. Dirty [email protected] ;) Unfortunately, that is how some of these girls make their living.
Anyway, once I'd had enough of that place.. I ventured to a smaller/cheaper bar and played pool with some funny Thai ladies.. and it's true - the more I drink.. the better I get at pool! fantastic.. will be a pro in a few months ;)
The salesmen are the best though... they can pick we're Aussies here for some bizarre reason, and they all automatically respond with.. "G'day Aussie's, I'll give you a bloody good deal mate, Sydney, Kangaroo!" haha funny $hit ;)
Thailand is beautiful though, the people are kind and so enthusiastic about everything. The water is so warm, it's like taking a bath.. not that great when you're trying to cool down ;) The beer is nice and dangerously stronger in my opinion :) and the food is my favourite! I could eat pad thai for the rest of my life!
Highlights so far:
- Snorkeling at Maya Bay (where they filmed 'The Beach' unfortnately there was no Leo.. I started crying hehe).... I took the easy option and wore a life jacket.. looked around and realised I fitted in with most of the people aged 65+.. and I call myself a young person ;)
- Sunsets - Don't think I'll ever get enough of them.. every beach has a different one! so beautiful!
- Shopping - at first was great, now I'm getting over it.. they all sell the same $hit ;) Occasionally get something crazy.. but I'm still on a budget damn it!
- Thai food full stop.. Yum!
- Crazy animals - I was lucky to escape from being eaten by a mental monkey! have met some cute ones since then though :) So I'm okay now.. I still want a pet monkey one day.
Anyway... lots more of Thailand to see... going to a full moon party in a couple of weeks, lots more islands to see and lots more skin to burn ;) have lost track of what day it is.. so I think I'm doing well :) Yet to see a ping pong show.. only live once ay.. think I'll save it for Bangkok.