The World Cup List!
Top 5 Favourite Fans:
1. South Koreans - 90 minutes of drums, songs, and dancing!
2. Mexicans - The travel in numbers and they have by far the coolest memorabilia. Although MExico vs Argentina only game we went to which didnt have a meXICAN WAVE.
3. Brazilians - Always a party when they are in town
4. Bafana Bafana fans - They know their team are awful and they dont care!
5. USA - Funny terms like Soccer, Goal Tender etc.
*Special mention to Canadians!
Least Favourite Fans:
1. Argentians - Arrogant one guy on Robben when asked where he was from on our bus tour said Argentina the world champions!
2. ZE Germans - since the 4-1 game I havent walked past one in my shirt without receiving some abuse.
3. Nigerians - Over animated and were preaching during the game!
4. Portuguese - Assume they'll win because of Ronaldo
5. French - I know it was a miserable tournament but one fan removed his french shirt to reveal a Bafana Bafana shirt underneath and cheered South Africa second half!
Top 5 Most Dissapointing Players:
1. Wayne Rooney - I love the guy but he didn't show up what happened!?!
2. Cristiano Ronaldo - Jumped up little cry baby shot every time he got into the opponent half irrespective of his position on the field
3. Robert Green - enough said.
4. Frank Ribery - They called him scarface on SA television, definately not worth the price tag attached to him!
5. Migel Bastos - So good on fifa so average in a strong Brazilian side
Top 5 Most Impressive Players (We watched Live):
1. Diego Forlan - Deadly diego is a bit of a joke after his time at UTD but he's showing why Fergie put the money up for him!
2. Carlos Tevez - The on ethat got away love this guy!
3. Giovani Dos Santos - Thank god he doesnt play like that for Tottenham
4. Ozil - German youngster tore England to shreds v.impressed!
5. Wesley Sneijder - Obviously.
My Favourite XI of World Cup
Maicon Lucio Heinze Coentrao
Ozil Sneijder Kaka
Favourite city: Cape Town
Favourite Stadium: Soccer City
Favourite Live Match: Brazil vs Ivory Coast
Favourite Game of the Tournament so far: Uruguay vs Ghana - pure drama!
Favourite World Cup Moments:
1. Arriving at a half built hostel and getting charged 25 quid for the shuttle by the owner who shouted This is Africa, This is Fifa, Call the f***ing cops! good times!
2. Purple Turtle Karioke singing Afro man and gangsters paradise - seemed like a good idea at the time!
3.Brazils football live at Soccer City does it get any better?
4. Swimming in the Sea in Durban!
5. losing a 3 on 3 game vs Brazilians at the fan park!
6. Learning about the history of Mandela and Apartheid!
7. Silvers face when he had his dreads put in!
8. Bafana Bafana's opener against Mexico
9. Gerrards 4 minute in goal against the USA
10. Argentian fans celebrtating Brazils exit like a victory