Lumpa and Singapore time!
Firstly, appologises for not keeping this up to date very well! We are now in our second week in Australia, but I believe that we haven't updated this since our nightmare journey to Kuala Lumpa............so if your interested here are our tales from Kuala Lumpa and Singapore:
1. Dodgey taxi - After our nightmare 31 hour journey we were dropped off at a random bus stop in KL. It was dark and we had no accomadation booked, so we were like disoreintated sheep! Therefore, we were vunerable to the poohead of a taxi driver that took advantage of our new found vunerable look. We obediently got in his taxi (which we then noticed was both an unmarked taxi and an old banger....but 2 wrongs make a right right). He then charged us 45RM (only about £8, but this 30 minute ride ended up being more expensive than our 8 our luxury bus ride to Singapore....so we got raped!). He also dropped us off on what looked like rape alley and tried to make us go in some dodgey hotel, but we thankfully walked a bit further down rape alley and found a little hotel run by lovely little Indian lady (aka our Mum for the next 2 days!).
2.Building day - Today was literally Bob the Builders ideal day out....we pretty muh saw every building in Kuala Lumpa! We started building day with the Petronas Towers (the now biggest twin towers in the world). We then boarded our transport for the day (the KL hop on hop off bus which our Indian mum recommended) to our next stop..the KL tower (a big tall pointy communication thing). We paid a silly amount to get up the poinnty tower and we weren't even allowed to the top as we weren't VIP.....bit rude! We hopped back on the bus and stopped off at a craft fair.....which was a bit too crafty for us, but we did get some tasty local grub...so all was good! Next was china town, little India, then the central market. Jonny bought a fake Paul Smith wallet that is so well made it might even last a week!
By the time we had done at the central market we had done alot of walking so we decided to hop on the hop on hop off bus, but not hop off as we were nakered! On the way round back to our stop we saw the rest of the buidings we had missed/the ones we had already seen and took a stupid amount of building snaps. I also spend about half an hour taking a ridiculous amount of building snaps for a Haitian women on the bus!
After seeing all the buildings we randomly decided to go to the cinema (well we did after about an hour debate as our decision making skills are not the best). After the hour debate we went to see the Sanctum aka the most unhappy movie in the world. Basically everyone went in a cave, then everyone in the cave died.....not the best choice, perhaps we need to have a 2hour debate next time!
3. Batu Cave - The next day we again consulted our Indian guru (the hotel lady) on what we should do, and she suggested the Batu Cave. The Batu Cave is basically a big cave in some hills with a humongous gold budha next to it (this thing is bigger than Godzilla). We had a bit of a mission finding the right bus to the Caves as each person we asked told us a different bus number....very confusing. Eventually we located the right bus.....only because the bus lady had the same rare disease as the orange juice man had (the guy on a sleeper train in Thailand) as she couldn't seem to stop shouting Batu Cave in the most depressing monotone slur for the whole 40 minute journey.....she definately loved her life!
When we got there we had to climb 300 steps to get to the cave and tried to avoid getting killed by monkeys! The caves were pretty impressive but they did smell a bit like a Nottingham underground tunnel (aka like urine) and they looked eerily like the caves from the depressing cave film we saw the night before!
1.`Monsoon Arrival - On the bus ride to singapore Jonny decided to buy a life time supply of junk food, which meant I had to try and apply my non-existent self control skills for the 6 hour journey......I cracked after about 2hours :(!
When we arrived in Singapore a monsoon/heavy rainfall caught us out...welll caught Jonny out as I hid in the bus shelter while Jonny tried to grab a cab! That day we didn't do much apart from walk the whole length of Orchard Rd (which is literally the whole of London's shopping on one road...if only we had money). Obviously because we are poor backpackers we didn't buy anything, just looked longingly at the clean smelling clothes!
2. Singapore Sling - Our first day 2 stop was the Ruffles Hotel! We arrived just as the Long bar (the place where the Singapore sling was created) was opening (11am).......alchies! We were about to order 2 singapore slings until we saw that they were charging $25 for one, so we reluctantly ordered one! The long bar should be called the money stealing bar a there wasn't only a hidden $5 charge (making it $30) they also didn't even make the cocktail..it was on tap....the cheek! This then meant that I was forced to eat my bodyweight of the free monkey nuts in order to get our $30 worth!
3. Sky Deck - Next stop was the skydeck which had some pretty impressive views of the Singapore skyline, however, they were nothing compred to the hotel pool on the top deck which was something else............one day I will bathe in that pool (if I rob a bank)!
4. Sentosa Time - The last and best stop of the day was Sentosa island. After being refused entry to the casino (as we looked like tramps) we bagged a cheeky lift on a disabled truck thing to the mega-zip line place (basically go-ape but much better)! Somehow we then managed to get a free VIP pass to all of the activities (we obviously looked poor and desperate). We only had flip flops so they lent us some crocs (not the best clibing gear), then we took to the skys on the go ape bit of the course. This involved jumping from one platform to another pretty high up...I have never seen Jonny so terrified! Next was the para jump (a stimulated para jump from a ledge) it was pretty cool, but Jonny passed as he needed time to recover from his platform jumping ordeal! It was then time for the north face climbing wall, Jonny was still recovering, but did manage to climb up about 1m until he got scared! Finally we both did the zip wire over the island to the beach!
Next on the agenda was a luge down the island, which was more to Jonny's taste as we didn't leave the ground! We finished the day with a water and laser show which was a pretty bad mimed version of high school musical, but the water stuff was pretty impressive!
5. Last day in South East Asia - On our last day we decided to finally do some exercise, so went for a run round the park which had far too many steps for my liking. After about 20 mins probably less we both thought we might die so we decided to continue the exercise regime another day! Once we had recovered from the run (which took a while) we went and got our last noodle based meal (to Jonny's delight) and then just chilled out round the hostel untill it was time to fly to Aus that night!
All in all South East Asia treated us pretty well........we ate and lived like Kings (most of the time), and we saw and did some absolutely amazing things. Now we are in Aus living like tramps due to everything being stupidly expensive.... Naaa we're still having an awesome time just a little less King-like, but I will update you on Aus in the near future.
Thanks for reading.......cya cya!