Take a stroll through Seoul’s charming streets on a walking tour that delivers history, cuisine and culture in equal measures. Visit peaceful temples, historic monuments, traditional markets and authentic tea shops ...
Duration: 3.5 hours
Categories: Culture & History, Cruises & Sailing, Outdoors
Group size: 1 - 12
Unlock the fascinating fusion of history and modernity that make up Seoul on this exciting Urban Adventure. Admire historic architecture of days gone by at a traditional village, shop at a local market, learn about Korea's culinary heritage at a museum and appreciate the beauty of World Heritage-listed sites on this revealing tour of splendid Seoul.
- Explore Seoul's unique, thriving urban core
- Hunt for treasures and souvenirs in a traditional Korean market
- See the traditional houses of Bukchon Hanok Village
- Learn about Korea's culture and cuisine at Tteok Museum
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Changdeokgung Palace
- Kwang Jang Market which is a traditional market among native Korean
- Pick up:
- Ankuk Subway station No.3 Ground floor (Seoul Metro Line 3, Exit no 3)
- Drop off:
- Jongno 3 –ga Subway station or Kwang Jang Market
- 1 drink and English speaking guide
- Not included:
- Items of a personal nature, lunch, tips & gratuities for your guide.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip - though not compulsory - is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Intrepid Urban Adventures destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
Seoul is an evolving city, growing in world-stature yet still steeped in the past. Discover both the modern, urban delights and historic traces of this intriguing city on this tour with Urban Adventures. Meet a knowledgeable local guide and head to the charming Bukchon Hanok village area.
This residential area dates back to the Joseon Dynasty and possesses countless hanoks (traditional Korean houses) and other historic sites. Nowadays it's considered one of the leading (and most loved) cultural places in Seoul. It's also a favorite meeting place for Seoul’s youth (spotting young couples on dates in hanok-style restaurants isn't hard here).
After a brief break, stroll to Changdeokgung Palace, one of Seoul's UNESCO World Cultural Heritage sites. This royal palace is famous for its unique, traditional Korean-style architecture and design, which you will learn about during your visit. Due to opening times, Urban Adventures tours that fall on a Monday will visit Kyungbokgung Palace instead.
Next, pay a visit to the Tteok Museum - a museum dedicated to preserving traditional Korean cuisine, cooking methods and culture. Korean cuisine is a delicious, welcome surprise to most visitors, so be sure to learn as much as you can whilst here, walk along Jongmyo(Royal Shrine) and meet local people at Kwang jang Market
This tour ends with Kwang jang Market, so take time to further explore Seoul independently or return to your favourite sights for another look. If unsure, just ask your friendly local guide for some advice on where to head next!
Calling all foodies! Experience Seoul like a local on this 3-hour guided tour of the Noryangjin Fish Market. With your guide, an English-speaking local and Korean-cuisine connoisseur, discover the vibrant market and f...
Experience the fascinating culture of South Korea in one of the most authentic ways possible – through their local cuisine! On this 4-hour journey through the streets of Seoul, your expert guide will take you to thr...
Discover the history, culture and food of Seoul on a walking tour of this bustling metropolis. Journey back to the past and visit Buddhist temples, historic landmarks, art markets and traditional tea shops. See the ci...
Uncover the fascinating history and culture of Seoul on this half-day walking tour of the city. See charming Korean houses in a historic village, learn about Korea’s culinary history at a food museum, visit a royal ...