Ski holiday 2014 with the family in toe! ([email protected])
Welcome back snow enthusiasts, often you can scour the internet looking for ski holiday offers, and ideas on the best places to spend your skiing holiday. Whether it's your first year skiing or your fortieth, there is still knowledge to be gained from fellow skiers, including where to find the best cheap ski holidays that suit you best.
And so I've compiled more top tips on skiing holidays, from finding the best cheap deals to the best destinations in Andorra, Austria and France. From the Alps to the Pyrenees I can help you decide which resort best suits you and your party for your ski holidays 2014.
My top tips for this week, are about the best skiing holiday destinations for families with children, whether the kids are on the slopes carving it with the best of them, or being kept entertained in the resort's top crèche I have what I believe to be the definitive list flying from Ireland and United Kingdom
From catered chalet options in France, to child friendly hotels in Austria and Andorra. There are plenty of choices, depending on your family's make up and needs. Catered chalets for example aren't for everyone, they're typically associated with the more expensive end of the skiing market, for those with a more forgiving budget, however this assumption is often unwarranted. Many catered chalets skiing holidays out there can be amazing value for families, with discounts for children. Direct Ski for example offer discounts for children under the age of 12 in their French chalets, so already you're slashing your skiing holiday budget if you have a young family.
So if you're seeking tips on staying within budget for your upcoming ski holiday, and at the same time trying to find the best option for your family then here are my Top 5 Destinations for Families.
1. If it's your first time heading away on a skiing holiday with your family, the best option budget wise would be Andorra, in particular Arinsal and Pal. Arinsal and Pal have great B&B options, along with hotels and self-catering. The icing on the cake here is that you get the whole family on the slopes, and in lessons for cheaper than many other resorts across Europe. Hotel Princesa Park, St. Gothard and Hotel Crest in Arinsal are favourites year in year out with customers.
2. Soldeau is another great option in Andorra for families, away from the crazy nightlife of Pas De La Casa, but one can still enjoy the great Grandvalira skiing area offering some of the best instructors around. For the younger kids there is kindergarten, plus everything is located near the gondola, so not too much hassle lugging skis about.
3. Niederau and Oberau in Austria offer great ski holiday options for families, with amazing hotels like Hotel Sonnchein and Harfenwirt, which attract repeat customers. The reason for its popularity is value. You get to experience all the hospitality of Austrian skiing, but it's a little kinder to the purse strings. Here they also offer kindergarten so parents can enjoy the Wildschönau Valley.
4. If you prefer to ski in France, Chatered chalets all across France offer nanny services, along with crèche services. As mentioned before Direct Ski offer these catered options in Meribel, La Plagne, and Les Arcs, but to name a few, what's not to love.
5. Another top spot for families looking to check all the boxes, great skiing, great activities and instruction for kids and ample amenities should look no further then Val Thorens. It has the best of everything, a huge sport centre in the centre of town, hotels and self-catering options. Match this with amazing nursery slopes, plus unmatched off piste , there is more than enough to keep everyone occupied. From budget self-catering in Temple du Soleil to 4 star Hotel Val Thorens.
With the 2014 ski season fast approaching, my best advice would be to check out options early, and shop around for cheap ski holidays.